To add a mouth and nose to your toy use a similar weight yarn to the one the toy is knitted in.
1. Bring your yarn up through the opening in the head, leaving a tail long enough to tie off later.
Take your needle out on the left hand side of the nose, just below the eye and in again on the right hand side. I used the decrease stitches as a guide.
2. Bring the needle out at the centre of the nose, ensuring that the working yarn is below the needle.
3. Once you have pulled your needle right through, the basic shape of the nose will be formed .
4. Take your needle back into the head about 1cm directly below the nose and out again where you want the left hand edge of the mouth to be.
5. With the yarn below your needle, take the needle back in to form the right hand edge of the mouth.
6. Take your needle back into the head immediately below the yarn that formed the mouth to secure it in place. Bring your needle back out through the opening at the base of the head and tie the two yarn ends securely together. Bury them in the stuffing.